- Workshop on extremes and rare events (Monday 24 march to Friday 28 march 2014, Brittany, France)
- Summer school on the Modelling and Predection of Weather Extremes 10-13 June 2014, Annweiler (Germany), Kurhaus Trifels
- WCRP-ICTP Summer School on Extremes. 21 July - 01 August 2014 at the ICTP in Trieste, Italy.
- "Extreme Value Theory and Laws of Rare Events", CIRM Luminy/Marseille from 14th-18th July 2014
- Workshop on Environmental Modeling (extremes included) . September 8–12, 2014, in Garching (near Munich). contact Michael Ghil <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Workshop on Stochastic Weather Generators (extremes included), Avignon, France, September 17-19, 2014
Job announcementsTwo year research engineer at LSCE (France) on "Attribution et Interprétation des événements extrêmes", contact Robert Vautard <email@example.com>
18-month postdoctoral position at Météo France (Toulouse, France), on the "Attribution of extreme weather events". contact Aurélien Ribes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
18-month postdoctoral position at LTHE et IRSTEA, EDF : modélisation des pluies extrêmes. contact Juliette Blanchet <email@example.com>