After a long and busy summer (EVA in Shanghai and IMSCE in Korea and other conferences), this Fall and Winter appear to be also very active in terms of extremes:
Extreme Flood Events (in french): de l’étude de l’aléa à la gestion du risque pour les ouvrages hydrauliques, Lyon, 13-14 novembre 2013
A call for a special issue on extremes for the SII Statistics and its Interface journal
The journal Weather and Climate Extremes has its first issue
A special issue on copulas with a few articles on extremes in the journal of the SFDS society
The 2nd VALUE training school "statistical and dynamical downscaling of extreme events", will be held from 21 October to 1 November 2013 in Trieste, Italy
CRAG – IRGC Symposium, 20-22 Nov 2013, EPFL Lausanne, Switzerland
lundi 6 mai 2013
- International Short Conference on Advances in Extreme Value Analysis and Application to Natural Hazards (EVAN2013), 18.09.2013 – 20.09.2013, Siegen, Germany
- PhD thesis with Benjamin Renard and Michel Lang (Irstea Lyon), "Analyse bayésienne des courbes de tarage non-stationnaires et des incertitudes associées".
jeudi 11 avril 2013
PhD Course and Workshop on Extremes in Space and Time, Copenhagen, May 27-31, 2013
PhD fellowship in extreme value statistics applied to cryospheric sciences: Spatio-temporal patterns of extreme snowfall and snow depth in the French Alps using max-stable processes, firstname.lastname@example.org, Grenoble, France
Reminder: EVT2013 - Extremes in Vimeiro - Workshop in honour of Ivette Gomes from 8 (Sunday) until 11 (Wednesday) September 2013.
The slide of the Symposium on Recent Advances in Extreme Value Theory honoring Ross Leadbetter
18 - 20 March 2013, Lisbon are here
samedi 16 mars 2013
A new journalWeather and Climate Extremes (an open access journal). In order to promote relevant statistical uncertainty analysis of extremes, I encourage statisticians to submit their work to this applied journal.
Coming meetings (if you want to add more, drop me an email)
- Symposium on Recent Advances in Extreme Value Theory honoring Ross Leadbetter18 - 20 March 2013, Lisbon
- Non-Gaussian Multivariate Statistical Models and their Applications (13w5146)
- The International Meeting Statistical Climatology (IMSC), 24-28 June 2013, Jeju Korea, has a session Weather and climate extremes – statistical modeling and event attribution
- The 8th conference on extreme value analysis, probabilistic and statistical models and their applications, will take place at Fudan University, Shanghai, China from July 8 to 12, 2013.
- High-impact weather, climate extremes, and extremely rare events, Davos Atmosphere and Cryosphere Assembly 2013, Air, Ice & Process Interactions,An IUGG (IAMAS & IACS) Event,July 8-12, 2013
- 15th Annual Conference of the International Association for Mathematical Geosciences, 2-6 Sep 2013, Madrid, has a session on Spatiotemporal analysis: structural complexity and extreme behaviour)